Reports to: Senior Director, Commercial Operations APJ
Group / Division: Clinical Trials Division (CTD), Pharma Services Group (PSG)
Position Location: Banghwa (Gangseo-gu), Seoul, Korea
[Business Development and Account Management]
- Build strong understanding of assigned customers and their marketplaces through a broad range of information sources, including direct customer exchanges, networking, publications, market information, tradeshows, sales conferences and industry events.
- Actively solicits existing and potential new customers to gain commitment to our services.
- Lead all new business development activities inside assigned accounts, through proposal and negotiation, culminating in new contract agreements and “program” accounts
- Develop and manage efficient account and territory development plans; track progress against key account development milestones through few KPIs (e.g. opportunity creation and proposal issuance); report out progress in regularly scheduled account review sessions.
- Prepares call plans to effectively manage time spent with customers for maximum sales impact while minimizing sales acquisition costs.
- Ensures that any major conflicts with customers around customer service level and billing issues are resolved.
- Prepares customer meeting reports also known as Sales Call Report (SCR) in timely manner post meeting.
- Ensure effective cross-divisional and global coordination of account plans as applicable, including alignment with the global business development team.
- Develops and maintains sales operating plan for territory that includes opportunity map, target accounts, forecast, sales strategies and tactics, resource requirements and strategic plan.
- Perform competitive analysis on top three to five competitors in market segments to identify areas of differentiation or areas of opportunities for improvement in the form of enhancements to existing services, new services or new marketing collateral. Understands the generic strengths and vulnerabilities of major competitors and develops sales strategies to respond effectively.
- Develops profile of sales roles required and the competencies for each role to maximize performance in region.
- Ensures that sales operating plan is consistent with overall business goals.
- Provides input into Annual Operating Plan and participates in planning and review meetings.
- Conducts win/loss reviews to identify and share best practice.
- Assesses global sales opportunities early in sales cycle to ensure sales force is pursuing appropriate opportunities and working effectively.
- Provides realistic sales forecasts to management and communicates any significant changes or developments in a proactive and timely manner.
- Ensures that sales pipeline is filled with opportunities at various stages of sales cycle.
- Ensures that management is provided with realistic sales forecasts and is kept aware of any significant changes or developments.
- Regularly reviews forecast, pipeline and sales strategies with reporting manager and ensures that opportunities and leads are pursued in a timely way.
- Actively manages opportunities using SFDC.
- Capture client’s project requirement precisely, determine the pricing strategy for applicable services, complying with target margins by utilizing a value-based pricing methodology, which includes costs, customer-value, competitive analysis, and market analysis
- Lead all proposal development activities, either in response to a customer RFP or proactively, including value proposition, terms, and pricing; lead pro forma review process to justify business proposal
- Clearly and broadly articulate components of negotiated contracts and ensure strong implementation and execution against customer and company expectations; work with assigned Project Manager to ensure smooth handoff and continued account development
- Ensures pricing proposals that are outside of normal receive appropriate approvals.
- Coordinates efforts with relevant individuals to address non-standard terms and conditions.
- Perform win/loss analysis to identify key issues with service products or sales process and to make recommendations on opportunities for enhancement (new service ideas) or improvement (sales training, sales tools).
- 5+ years of sales/BD experience in clinical trials or logistics industry
- Holds strong customer-centric mindset
- Able to communicate effectively and build cohesive relationship both externally and internally
- Able to manage SFDC accurately and always in timely manner